The church was built by the architect Johannes Wollner from Hamburg. The used grey sandstone is from the Lusatian Mountains (Lužické hory), perhaps even from the stone quarry which was at Sedelský Špičák. The original plans in which the building was bigger were reassessed; therefore, the building is smaller and simpler. Nevertheless, the cost of it was 60,000 crowns.
The original bells fell victims to WWI in 1916. After WWI, the Richard Herold Company casted new bells in Chomutov in 1922.
Nowadays, the church is the property of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church.
The neighbouring rectory is younger. It was built in 1927. Before the church was built, there used to stand a memorial stone of Martin Luther. Nowadays, the stone is in front of the church on the right hand-side.
The Church of Peace is used not only for the purposes of the church, but sometimes it serves as a gallery as well.