House No. 124 – Public House Camelot and Clubhouse Beseda
The house has a rectangular groundplan and it is covered with a mansard roof with a number of skylights. You can enter the restaurant from the square through the main entrance which has two flights of metallic staircase. Part of the restaurant serves as the hall of the clubhouse with its own rear area built in the period between the two world wars. The oldest part of the building has always served as a public house with the beer served here since 1790. Finally, in 1805 the pub was given a license to sell draught beer.
During its history, the pub has had several names, from the original The Green Wreath to The Green Tree later changed into The Kaiser. After the birth of the Czechoslovak Republic in 1918 it took back the name The Green Tree. We can also find the name Turnhalle in the vintage postcards, the reason being that the the building served as a haven for city turners around 1924. The painting of the green leaf decorated the facade at that time despite the temporary change of name.
The hall has undergone many repairs in the past few years. The roof was replaced in 2014, the frontage was repaired to correspond with the vintage postcards in 2015, the truss sitting above the oldest part of the building, where the restaurant is located, was reconstructed in 2016. In the following year the roof was covered with the original slate. Further planned revitalizing procedures of the protected building include windows replacement and facade improvements.