It is the southernmost village of Polish Upper Lusatia and it used to be part of the town of Žitava (Zittau). A school is known to have existed here already in 1666 and a windmill is dated back to 1728. People of the village wanted to build their own church in the 15th century but they had to give the idea up due to the lack of financial resources. The village served as catering facility for Opolno Zdrój spa guests during the 19th century and there were also some pubs and restaurants.
During medieval times the Guślarz hill, the highest spot of the Micro-Region The Jizera Foothills, became the place where pagan gods were worshipped. It was also visited by The Emperor Joseph II who stopped here on his journey from Czerniawy Zdrój on September 16, 1779.